Monday, September 25, 2006

Mom and Wyatt at the park

Wyatt, your everyday moments amaze me…

Always, as soon as the front door opens, you hop on your big wheels and beg to go somewhere. It’s early September and we are attempting to take in the last of what summer has to offer. Just a minute away from our front door, full of ripe blackberries, and open to a world of imagination, the neighborhood park beckons.

You ride away, wanting to leave me behind, but stop and wait for me every so often because you know you should. “I bet I’m gonna get there first,” you boast. And after careening down a small hill towards the playground at warp speed, you land and take off on your feet.

You are playing the part of a pirate. You are hunting mean guys. You are looking for mermaids. You skip, hop, and sprint. You jump off the tallest objects you find, and sprawl out on the grass. You beg me to join you, and later indulge me in a short photo session.

You could play endlessly here I bet, and how I wish I could forever remember you like this…on a summer day with no end in sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home